Monday, March 31, 2008

Home office, Fairbanks-style.


I was looking at sites with photos of posh home offices, so I thought I'd put up a picture of mine. I live in a ramshackle, old, sort-of-ex-motel (the Alaska Motor Inn) in downtown Fairbanks, AK. I don't have an Eames chair, but I do have a queen-sized bed and transformed liquor cabinet. Other things too. I kept the old, stained motel mirror for when I tell lies.

The mug that needs washing on the left bears a piece of Ray Troll's wonderful Alaskan-centric art. It bears a skull and crossed salmon and says, "Spawn Till You Die." All the critical software is organized in the zippered, water-proofed case under the Mac, on top of the Fairbanks/North Pole phone book with the outhouse on the cover.

Out of sight on your left is the real mess. And the modem's there just in case. Hey, it's Alaska.

Don't get excited. There's only 30 bucks in the wallet.

The mouse is the best one ever made: the Logitech Revolution.

No comments: